"Wings of Storm" perform at Royal International Air Tatoo
The Aerobatic Display Group of the Croatian Air Force and Air Defence "Wings of Storm" on 7 July 2016 departed from the "Pk Marko Živković" Barracks at Pleso Airport to take part in the flying programme of the Royal International Air Tatoo (RIAT) in the RAF Fairford (UK) from 9 – 10 July 2016.
Alongside the “Wings of Storm“'s performance, the Croatian Air Force and Air Defence will display the Mi-171Sh of the 91st Air Base.
On departure to the United Kingdom the Team Leader, Lieutenant Colonel Damir Barišić stated that the performance at RIAT – the world's largest air show - will crown both the current season and the entire flying experience of the "Wings of Storm".
"This prestigious event gathers the representatives of the leading international air forces as well as hundreds of thousands of spectators; the flying and the display programmes engage a large number of military aircraft –the air show in 2003 saw 535 aircraft, earning it the place in the Guinness Book of World Records.
This year's performance of the Croatian Air Force and Air Defence's unit will enter it among the 56 participants of the Show. While the Wings of Storm had the opportunity to display at 41 international events in 13 countries, the RIAT will be one of the highlights of their careers, particularly for the team members with no previous foreign experience. After a one-year pause in foreign appearances, this will be one of the best opportunities for international come-back, where we shall confirm the Wings of Storm's place among the world's top aerobatic display teams".
- Most read
- Structure of the Ministry of Defence
- Addresses and Contacts
- Addresses and Contacts
- Commemoration of 10-year participation of the Republic of Croatia in international peace support mission
- Minister of Defence Ante Kotromanović
- Participation of members of Ministry of Interior in peacekeeping missions
- Participation of CAF members in the UN peacekeeping missions from 1999 to 2009
- MoD and Brodosplit sign In-shore Patrol Vessel Construction Contract
- 7th Air Advisory Team returns from ISAF
- Participation of members of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in peacekeeping missions
- 23.2.2017 Državni tajnik Ivić primio veleposlanika Ukrajine u RH
- 22.2.2017 Minister Krstičević visits Maintenance Depot
- 21.2.2017 Minister Krstičević meets with the Foreign Minister of Kosovo
- 21.2.2017 Minister Krstičević holds bilateral meetings on the margins of NATO defence ministerial
- 17.2.2017 Minister Krstičević attends the meeting of NATO defence ministers
- 13.2.2017 Minister Krstičević visits Guards Armoured Mechanised Brigade
Copyright © 2008-2017 Ministarstvo obrane Republike Hrvatske. Sva prava pridržana. Sadržaji s ovih stranica mogu se prenositi bez posebne dozvole uz navođenje izvora.