Minister Krstičević meets with the Ambassador of Canada
The Croatian Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Damir Krstičević on 7 March 2017 met with the Ambassador of Canada to the Republic of Croatia, H.E. Daniel Maksymiuk.
The two officials affirmed their respective countries' conviction in the importance of trans-Atlantic relations and co-operation within NATO as a pillar of the Euro-Atlantic security and of the readiness of the member nations to respond to new security threats.
Minister Krstičević briefed Ambassador Maksymiuk on the programme and goals of the Ministry of Defence and of the Government of the Republic of Croatia for the defence sector and underlined the economic progress of Croatia and enhanced defence and security capabilities as priority goals. The process is planned to begin with the preparation of the National Security Strategy and of the Homeland Security Concept, and subsequently with the Defence Strategy and the Military Strategy and new defence legislation.
The establishment of the system of Homeland Security has also been envisaged, integrating the capabilities of all government administration bodies to provide a timely and efficient response to security risks and threats. Minister Krstičević informed the Ambassador on the timeline of the drafting of the National Security Strategy and of the respective public debate and invited for proposals and ideas from Canada as a partner and a NATO ally.
The Minister and the Canadian Ambassador expressed the interest in expanding the defence co-operation to new functional areas and in a bilateral meeting at the level of the defence ministers in the course of the year.
- Most read
- Structure of the Ministry of Defence
- Addresses and Contacts
- Addresses and Contacts
- Commemoration of 10-year participation of the Republic of Croatia in international peace support mission
- Minister of Defence Ante Kotromanović
- Participation of members of Ministry of Interior in peacekeeping missions
- Participation of CAF members in the UN peacekeeping missions from 1999 to 2009
- Participation of members of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in peacekeeping missions
- MoD and Brodosplit sign In-shore Patrol Vessel Construction Contract
- 7th Air Advisory Team returns from ISAF
- 25.4.2017 Presentation of the draft National Strategy Security
- 25.4.2017 Kiowa helicopters perform trial flights
- 21.4.2017 "ASDA 2017" presentation conference
- 21.4.2017 U.S. Ambassador delivers lecture in Croatian Defence Academy
- 7.4.2017 Minister Krstičević meets with Defence Minister of Montenegro
- 6.4.2017 "Wings of Storm" visit Frecce Tricolori Base
Copyright © 2008-2017 Ministarstvo obrane Republike Hrvatske. Sva prava pridržana. Sadržaji s ovih stranica mogu se prenositi bez posebne dozvole uz navođenje izvora.