"Wings of Storm" join DC-3 over Croatia
The "Wings of Storm" on 12 March 2017 gave their support to the Breitling DC-3 World Tour project kicked off by one of the most famous aircraft – Douglas DC 3 - heading from Zagreb to Athens, and performed the joint flying in formation over Zadar and the Zadar Channel.
Douglas DC-3 HB-IRJ was constructed in 1940. It bears the recognisable Breitling sign and will be the oldest aircraft flying the trip aroud the world, which began in Geneva on 10 March, 77 years since its first flight taking off from Santa Monica, the U.S.
The route to Greece was arranged so as to include the flight over Croatia in a unique formation.
“We are very glad to have contributed our part to the promotion of the unique flight,as the aerobatic groups and aircraft from the countries on the DC-3 will do. This has been a demanding assignment for pilots, as we had to keep our aircraft flying at the DC-3' speed which was around 130 knots, compared to the PC-9 normal speed of 250 knots. We had excellent weather conditions so it was really a pleasure to fly in a formation with the pilot and the crew of Douglas DC-3 ”, said the Team Leader of the “Wings of Storm“, Lt. Col. Damir Barišić.
The co-operation is another confirmation of the reputation of the “Wings of Storm“, earned through excellent and repeatedly awarded performances at various international events, and it also contributes to the international promotion of the town of Zadar and the Republic of Croatia.
The “Wings of Storm“ concluded their activity with the traditional “Salute to Zadar“ over the town's famous landmark “Salute to the Sun“.
- Most read
- Structure of the Ministry of Defence
- Addresses and Contacts
- Addresses and Contacts
- Commemoration of 10-year participation of the Republic of Croatia in international peace support mission
- Minister of Defence Ante Kotromanović
- Participation of members of Ministry of Interior in peacekeeping missions
- Participation of CAF members in the UN peacekeeping missions from 1999 to 2009
- Participation of members of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in peacekeeping missions
- MoD and Brodosplit sign In-shore Patrol Vessel Construction Contract
- 7th Air Advisory Team returns from ISAF
- 24.3.2017 "Frecce Tricolori" introducing to the Croatian audience in Zadar
- 24.3.2017 93 Air Base marks 25th anniversary
- 24.3.2017 Guards Armoured Mechanised Brigade marks 10th anniversary
- 21.3.2017 Minister Krstičević visits the State of Israel
- 20.3.2017 Minister Krstičević visits Ploče and Sinj
- 20.3.2017 Croatian Defence Academy launches "Strategos" journal
Copyright © 2008-2017 Ministarstvo obrane Republike Hrvatske. Sva prava pridržana. Sadržaji s ovih stranica mogu se prenositi bez posebne dozvole uz navođenje izvora.