Minister Krstičević meets with Defence Minister of Montenegro
The Croatian Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Damir Krstičević on 7 April 2017 met with the Defence Minister of Montenegro Predrag Bošković.
The two ministers underlined that the friendly relations between Croatia and Montenengro should be an example to follow by other countries of southeast Europe.
The respectable level of bilateral defence co-operation, particularly in education and training has been formalised through the Memorandum of Education of Cadets from Montenegro in the Croatian Defence Academy “Dr. Franjo Tuđman"signed on the occasion.
Furthermore, Croatia and Montenegro participate jointly within the U.S. - Adriatic Charter in NATO-led Resolute Support Mission in u Afghanistan.
Minister Krstičević expressed satisfaction over the visit of the senior Montenegrin delegation to Croatia and over the prospective accession of the country to NATO. “The entry of Montenegro to NATO as 29th member country sends a clear message on the still active enlargement policy of NATO which constitutes the best guarantee of the European security. Croatia has provided full support to Montenegro on its path to NATO and is also willing to share the experiences from the pre-accession talks with the European Union“, stated Minister Krstičević.
"Our co-operation clearly demonstrates the shared responsibility for the stability of southeast Europe, still more visible upon the full membership of Montenegro in NATO“, said the Croatian Minister.
The Defence Minister of Montenegro Predrag Bošković extended appreciation to the Republic of Croatia on major support provided to his country in its accession efforts. "The excellent co-.operation between Croatia and Montenegro can serve as a model for other countries of the region, particularly in the defence domain. Also, the accession of Montenegro to NATO is a vivid example to other countries that the future of the Western Balkans lies in the Euro-Atlantic integration; our common goal is to keep peace and stability in this area“, said Minister Bošković.
The ministers discussed the security situation and the challenges in southeast Europe and the world. The challenges were an additional incentive to further deepen the good bilateral relations, as no country is capable of handling iwth the complex threats of the moment on its own. “We share the same interest, the responsibility and the commitment to continue intensive co-operation focussed on the safety of our citizens, the stability and peace in this region“, stated Minister Krstičević.
The Defence Minister Predrag Bošković is heading the delegation of Montenegro on a two-day official visit to the Republic of Croatia. The delegation is meeting with the President of the Republic of Croatia and Supreme Commander of the Croatian Armed Forces Kolinda Grabar Kitarović, with the Defence Committee of the Croatian Parliament and is visiting the Croatian Defence Academy "Dr. Franjo Tuđman".
- Most read
- Structure of the Ministry of Defence
- Addresses and Contacts
- Addresses and Contacts
- Commemoration of 10-year participation of the Republic of Croatia in international peace support mission
- Minister of Defence Ante Kotromanović
- Participation of members of Ministry of Interior in peacekeeping missions
- Participation of CAF members in the UN peacekeeping missions from 1999 to 2009
- Participation of members of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in peacekeeping missions
- MoD and Brodosplit sign In-shore Patrol Vessel Construction Contract
- 7th Air Advisory Team returns from ISAF
- 25.4.2017 Presentation of the draft National Strategy Security
- 25.4.2017 Kiowa helicopters perform trial flights
- 21.4.2017 "ASDA 2017" presentation conference
- 21.4.2017 U.S. Ambassador delivers lecture in Croatian Defence Academy
- 7.4.2017 Minister Krstičević meets with Defence Minister of Montenegro
- 6.4.2017 "Wings of Storm" visit Frecce Tricolori Base
Copyright © 2008-2017 Ministarstvo obrane Republike Hrvatske. Sva prava pridržana. Sadržaji s ovih stranica mogu se prenositi bez posebne dozvole uz navođenje izvora.