"HARPUN 14" NAVAL EXE AND 1ST AVPD EVALUATION
The tactical artillery live-fire naval exercise "HARPUN 14-II", conducted in the "Žirje" Naval Range and in the central Adriatic sea on 29 October 2014.
tested the preparedness of Navy units for assigned tasks (seaborne target shooting by various naval artillery weapons, replenishment-at-sea, search and rescue, convoy securing, tactical manoeuvring, CIS exercises and aerial target surveillance). The Exercise engaged nine vessels of the Croatian Navy Flotilla and the Croatian Coast Guard, a missile battery and the Coastal Surveillance Battalion, and was commanded by Commodore Predrag Stipanović.
It also entailed the final preparation and evaluation of the first Croatian Autonomous Vessel Protection Detachment (the AVPD) to be deployed to the ATALANTA Operation off the Somali coast by the end of 2014, protecting the World Food Programme vessels (providing supplies to the local population) and deterring from the pirate assaults. The Croatian Navy has been assigned as main mission authority for the mission.
The AVPD conducted daytime and night time shooting, and practiced the vessel protection procedures and tactics from its respective capability matrix (including the alerting procedures, firing posts and autonomous national communications equipment set up and the use of the night vision equipment). The Detachment demonstrated to have mastered all capabilities required for the deployment in EU NAVFOR ATALANTA and the operability across a range of situations (including the support to the WFP vessel combat resistance through fighting fire, water breakthrough and faults), as verified in the final evaluation, conducted by the CREVAL team of the General Staff, headed by Colonel Mijo Kožić of the General Staff's Operations Division.
- Most read
- Structure of the Ministry of Defence
- Addresses and Contacts
- Obavijest: Promjena termina testiranja znanja rada na računalu i znanja engleskog jezika
- Addresses and Contacts
- Pravilnik o izmjenama Pravilnika o dodacima na plaću djelatnih vojnih osoba (NN 114/14)
- Commemoration of 10-year participation of the Republic of Croatia in international peace support mission
- Minister of Defence Ante Kotromanović
- Participation of members of Ministry of Interior in peacekeeping missions
- Participation of CAF members in the UN peacekeeping missions from 1999 to 2009
- 7th Air Advisory Team returns from ISAF
- 20.1.2017 Minister Krstičević meets with Ambassador of Hungary
- 20.1.2017 MoD presents the 2017 Procurement Plan
- 17.1.2017 The marking of the 25th anniversary of international recognition of Croatia
- 16.1.2017 Minister Krstičević visits HS Produkt
- 13.1.2017 Minister Krstičević meets with Swedish Ambassador1
- 12.1.2017 Defence Minister meets with the representatives of Centre for Peace Studies
Copyright © 2008-2017 Ministarstvo obrane Republike Hrvatske. Sva prava pridržana. Sadržaji s ovih stranica mogu se prenositi bez posebne dozvole uz navođenje izvora.