The Annual Reception for Military Diplomatic Corps
The Croatian Defence Academy on 10 December 2014 hosted the traditional Christmas season reception for the defence attachés accredited to the Republic of Croatia, that was attended by the Deputy Defence Minister, Višnja Tafra, the Deputy Chief of the General Staff, Lieutenant General Dragutin Repinc, the Croatian Defence Academy Commander, Lieutenant General Slavko Barić and other officials.
Deputy Defence Minister, Višnja Tafra, welcomed the members of the Military Diplomatic Corps and summarised the activity of the Ministry of Defence in the past year with an outlook on the plans for the future. She underlined the new Long-term Development Plan of the Croatian Armed Forces completed in the course of the year, as well as the Defence Plan, due in the course of 2015, which constitutes a highly important planning document delineating the missions of the state and the community in high-risk situations.
Ms Tafra also said that the Ministry was to continue with the equipping and modernisation programmes in line with the defined priorities for all services of the Croatian Armed Forces despite the funding restrictions. “I would like to emphasise two recently signed Agreements in this regard - the Agreement concluded with our Allies and partners of the Federal Republic of Germany which will foster the capabilities of the Croatian land forces, and the Contract signed with a Croatian shipyard assigned with construction of inshore patrol boats intended for the Croatian Coast Guard, conveying an assertive message on the tradition and the capability of Croatian shipbuilding capacities to to the potential partners, some of whom have realised the value of the products of the Croatian defence industry“ Fruitful regional defence co-operation is among the top priorities of the Republic of Croatia as contributor to the stability and security of Southeast Europe, which is its strategic interest too. The examples of meaningful regional co-operation were visible throughout the period of joint deployment in peace support and disaster relief operations. The Republic of Croatia will continue to participate in the international operations and missions to actively contribute to establishment of peace and the descalation of the crisis situations to the extent possible“.
Deputy Minister Tafra extended appreciation to the defence attachés for their contribution to development of the MoD's co-operation with their respective countries ministries. “The co-operation underpins the alliance and togetherness, as well as the building of trust and security of the international community“, said Deputy Minister, extending also the season's greetings and best wishes for the next year to the attachés.
The reception was preceded by the regular annual briefing for the Military Diplomatic Corps, featuring the presentation of the Long-term Development Plan of the Croatian Armed Forces in the period 2015-2024.
- Most read
- Structure of the Ministry of Defence
- Addresses and Contacts
- Addresses and Contacts
- Commemoration of 10-year participation of the Republic of Croatia in international peace support mission
- Minister of Defence Ante Kotromanović
- Participation of members of Ministry of Interior in peacekeeping missions
- Participation of CAF members in the UN peacekeeping missions from 1999 to 2009
- Participation of members of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in peacekeeping missions
- MoD and Brodosplit sign In-shore Patrol Vessel Construction Contract
- 7th Air Advisory Team returns from ISAF
- 24.3.2017 "Frecce Tricolori" introducing to the Croatian audience in Zadar
- 24.3.2017 93 Air Base marks 25th anniversary
- 24.3.2017 Guards Armoured Mechanised Brigade marks 10th anniversary
- 21.3.2017 Minister Krstičević visits the State of Israel
- 20.3.2017 Minister Krstičević visits Ploče and Sinj
- 20.3.2017 Croatian Defence Academy launches "Strategos" journal
Copyright © 2008-2017 Ministarstvo obrane Republike Hrvatske. Sva prava pridržana. Sadržaji s ovih stranica mogu se prenositi bez posebne dozvole uz navođenje izvora.