Minister Krstičević and General Šundov meet with RS Commander
Concluding their visit to Afghanistan the Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister of the Republic of Croatia Damir Krstičević and the Chief of the General Staff of the Croatian Armed Forces General Mirko Šundov and the members of the delegation met with the Commander of the Resolute Support Mission, General John Nicholson, in the Resolute Support Command in Kabul.
They exchanged views on the current issues and activities related to the Mission. General Nicholson exoressed appreciation to Minister Krstičević and General Šundov for the Republic of Croatia's commitment to the alliance, the defence of the jointly shared values and the consistent contribution of its Armed Forces to Resolute Support mission. General also emphsised his respect for the efforts invested by the members of the Croatian contingents to Afghanistan, their professionalism and focus on the mission.
Minister Krstičević said he was much pleased to witness to the mark left by the members of the Croatian contingents in Afghanistan, and the efforts taken building the institutions in Afghanistan and contributing to global stability and security.
“The mark of the Croatian contingents has been recognised by the allies, the partners and the people of Afghanistan alike. The Croatian soldiers have become a brand, which they prove constantly, by their professionalism, credibility, experience and humanity“. The Minister said that Croatian soldiers would continue to contribute to the success of Resolute Support.
General Šundov expressed his pride over the achievements by the members of the Croatian Contingent. The readiness and ability of the Croatian forces in the exercise of the mission, namely the training, advising and assistance to the Afghan National Security Forces. The Croatian soldiers are recognised by a professional and responsible approach to their tasks contributing to the security. During our talk with General Nicholson we underlined the importance of joint operation within the A-5 Initiative in the Resolute Support“, said General Šundov.
Minister Krstičević and General Šundov also met with the representatives of the contingents of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Macedonia, integrated into the 5th HRVCON within the A5 initiative and praised their exemplary co-operation fulfilling their mission, doing their part in building of security.
- Most read
- Structure of the Ministry of Defence
- Addresses and Contacts
- Addresses and Contacts
- Commemoration of 10-year participation of the Republic of Croatia in international peace support mission
- Minister of Defence Ante Kotromanović
- Participation of members of Ministry of Interior in peacekeeping missions
- Participation of CAF members in the UN peacekeeping missions from 1999 to 2009
- Participation of members of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in peacekeeping missions
- MoD and Brodosplit sign In-shore Patrol Vessel Construction Contract
- 7th Air Advisory Team returns from ISAF
- 27.4.2017 ASDA 17 opens in Split
- 25.4.2017 Presentation of the draft National Strategy Security
- 25.4.2017 Kiowa helicopters perform trial flights
- 21.4.2017 "ASDA 2017" presentation conference
- 21.4.2017 U.S. Ambassador delivers lecture in Croatian Defence Academy
- 7.4.2017 Minister Krstičević meets with Defence Minister of Montenegro
Copyright © 2008-2017 Ministarstvo obrane Republike Hrvatske. Sva prava pridržana. Sadržaji s ovih stranica mogu se prenositi bez posebne dozvole uz navođenje izvora.