3rd generation of RAFO pilots graduates
The graduation ceremony of the third generation of pilot trainees from the Royal Air Force of Oman, who completed the training at the Barracks Zemunik was held in the Croatian National Theatre in Zadar on 16 December 2016.
It was attended by the Commander of the Croatian Air Force and Air Defence, Brigadier General Miroslav Kovač, also as the Envoy of the Deputy Prime Minister, the Defence Minister and the Chief of the General Staff of the Croatian Armed Forces by the Commander of the Omani Air Base Masirah and the Envoy of the Commander of the RAFO, Colonel Naser Said Al Saaidi .
Brigadier General Miroslav Kovač said the training of RAFO pilots was an outcome of the efforts and professionalism by the Omani and the Croatian Air Force. “The partnership approach enabled the successful and accident -free administration of the training“, said Brig.Gen. Kovač, who congratulated the pilots, air technicians, flight instructors and other personnel engaged in the training of the RAFO pilots.
The Deputy Commander of the Fixed-wing Squadron, Lt. Col. Damir Barišić said the successful completion of the flying training by the Omani pilots testified the elevated piiot instruction standards and capabilities developed by the Fixed-wing Squadron. The pilot profession, said Lt.Col. Barišić, was more than abilities and knowledge, it implied a variety of challenges calling for constant practice and learning.
The representative of the pilot school, Lt. Col. Tomislav Pušnik referred to the achievements of the personnel engaged in the training of the three generations of RAFO pilots and underlined the importance of mutual respect and co-operativity underpiinning the excellent training outcome.
Colonel Naser Said Al Saaidi, the Commander of the Omani Air Base Masirah and the Envoy of the Commander of the Royal Air Force of Oman addressing the audience expressed the appreciation to the members of the Croatian AIr Force and Air Defence for their expert and professional assistance during the flying training. Colonel Al Saaidi underlined that that the Omani pilot trainees not only were given the opportunity to acquire new knowledge and skills supporting the combat readiness of the Omani Air Force but also valuable experience with daily social contacts and familiarise with the local culture and practices.
The third generation of Omani pilots included eight students, trained by 18 pilots of the Fixed-wing Squadron through six modules: basic flying, aerobatic flying; VFR, IFR, night-time and flying in groups, and a concluding combination of all training profiles. To experimental combining module administered with the current group. The Squadron's instructors proved again their full expertise in training the foreign armed forces' members.
- Most read
- Structure of the Ministry of Defence
- Addresses and Contacts
- Addresses and Contacts
- Commemoration of 10-year participation of the Republic of Croatia in international peace support mission
- Minister of Defence Ante Kotromanović
- Participation of members of Ministry of Interior in peacekeeping missions
- Participation of CAF members in the UN peacekeeping missions from 1999 to 2009
- Participation of members of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in peacekeeping missions
- MoD and Brodosplit sign In-shore Patrol Vessel Construction Contract
- 7th Air Advisory Team returns from ISAF
- 24.3.2017 "Frecce Tricolori" introducing to the Croatian audience in Zadar
- 24.3.2017 93 Air Base marks 25th anniversary
- 24.3.2017 Guards Armoured Mechanised Brigade marks 10th anniversary
- 21.3.2017 Minister Krstičević visits the State of Israel
- 20.3.2017 Minister Krstičević visits Ploče and Sinj
- 20.3.2017 Croatian Defence Academy launches "Strategos" journal
Copyright © 2008-2017 Ministarstvo obrane Republike Hrvatske. Sva prava pridržana. Sadržaji s ovih stranica mogu se prenositi bez posebne dozvole uz navođenje izvora.