The presentation of the 1st draft of the National Security Strategy
The Croatian Defence Academy "Dr. Franjo Tuđman" in Zagreb on 7 March 2017 hosted the 3rd session of the Commission for Drafting the National Security Strategy.
The Commission was founded based on the Decision of the Government of the Republic of Croatia of November 2016, composed of experts from various government administration bodies (ministries, the Office of the President of the Republic, experts from the security and intelligence services and others). The session was chaired by the main authority for the drafting of the Strategy, the Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister of the Republic of Croatia, Damir Krstičević, and was attended by the Defence and National Security Advisor to the President of the Republic Maja Čavlović, the Chairman of the Defence Committee of the Croatian Parliament Igor Dragovan, the Chairman of the Foreign Policy Committee Miro Kovač and the Chief of the General Staff of the Croatian Armed Forces, General Mirko Šundov.
The session intended to present the first draft of the National Security Strategy. The final draft is due in June, and the adoption by the Croatian Parliament in July 2017. The Strategy will follow the significant changes in the security paradigm emerging since 2002, when the current Strategy was adopted as well as the modern concept of security and security system. The approach to the drafting of the strategy has been altered in terms of the content, structure and competent authorities. Furthermore, the new Strategy will define the development of the concept of the homeland security and the respective Act on the Homeland Security System.
"It was of critical importance to include the entire concerned public, the opposition parties and all subjects who can contribute quality and up-to-date solutions in the domain of homeland security in the Republic of Croatia. We have to submit relevant and viable documents submit to the Croatian Parliament for adoption, as the national security is a matter of national interest and Croatia and of its citizens ", said Minister Krstičević.
The Commission has worked intensively preparing the draft documents – the National Security Strategy and the Act on Homeland Securiy System- since the founding. In addition to its third session held on 7th March session, it also held three workshops of the working groups and a series of daily meetings and consultations.
The drafting of the strategy is running as planned; in view of its complexity and the interest of the public, the documents will be presented for general debate and e-consultation by late April and during May 2017 to enable inputs, suggestions and critical remarks from potential contributors.
As many as 150 officials have been engaged drafting the Strategy, including ministers, advisors, state secretaries, assistant ministers, heads of agencies, university lecturers, journalists and others, engaged wither as members of the Commission or the various working groups as a function of their respective domains of expertise and research or interest. The overall process has involved the majority of the ministries of the Republic of Croatia.
- Most read
- Structure of the Ministry of Defence
- Addresses and Contacts
- Addresses and Contacts
- Commemoration of 10-year participation of the Republic of Croatia in international peace support mission
- Minister of Defence Ante Kotromanović
- Participation of members of Ministry of Interior in peacekeeping missions
- Participation of CAF members in the UN peacekeeping missions from 1999 to 2009
- Participation of members of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in peacekeeping missions
- MoD and Brodosplit sign In-shore Patrol Vessel Construction Contract
- 7th Air Advisory Team returns from ISAF
- 27.4.2017 ASDA 17 opens in Split
- 25.4.2017 Presentation of the draft National Strategy Security
- 25.4.2017 Kiowa helicopters perform trial flights
- 21.4.2017 "ASDA 2017" presentation conference
- 21.4.2017 U.S. Ambassador delivers lecture in Croatian Defence Academy
- 7.4.2017 Minister Krstičević meets with Defence Minister of Montenegro
Copyright © 2008-2017 Ministarstvo obrane Republike Hrvatske. Sva prava pridržana. Sadržaji s ovih stranica mogu se prenositi bez posebne dozvole uz navođenje izvora.