Honorary Battalion marks 23rd Anniversary
The 23th anniversary of the establishment of the 1st Croatian Guards Corps and 1st Croatian Guards Division was marked in the Barracks “Tuškanac“ in Zagreb on 1 April 2017. A memorial plaque was unveiled for the fallen members of the units that preceded the Honorary Battalion.
The ceremony marking the anniversary was attended by the Minister of Veterans' Affairs Tomo Medved, the Chief of the General Staff of the Croatian Armed Forces General Mirko Šundov, the Deputy Chief of the General Staff, Lieutenant General Drago Matanović, the Commander of the Croatian Army, Lieutenant General Mate Ostović, the Director of the General Staff, Rear admiral Robert Hranj, the Commander of the Special Forces Command, Colonel Perica Turalija, Deputy Commander of the Croatian Defence Academy, Brigadier General Zravko Klanac, Special Advisor to the President of the Republic Ante Deur, the Commander of the Honorary Battalion Colonel Elvis Burčul, the Commander of the 1st Croatian Guards Corps, Lieutenant General Mile Ćuk (Ret.), the Commander of the 1st Croatian Guards Division, Major General Miljenko Filipović (Ret.), the representatives of the Association of the 1st Croatian Guards Division and the family members of the fallen defenders.
The Chief of the General Staff of the Croatian Armed Forces, General Mirko Šundov recalled the establishment of the 1st Croatian Guards Corps and 1st Croatian Guards Division „the units of lasting glory in the history of the Croatian Armed Forces. The memorial plaque will remind us all of the days of pride and glory, of immense patriotism and sacrifice from the modest people whose names are engraved in this memorial plaque. We owe them deep gratitude for their feats defending and liberating the homeland“, said General Šundov.
The Commander of the 1st Croatian Guards Corps, Lieutenant General Mile Ćuk addressed the attendees „gathering to pay respects and commemorate our members who sacrified their lives without regrets and lied them into the very foundation of Croatia“.
The Commander of the 1st Croatian Guards Division, Major General Miljenko Filipović recalled recounted the war history and stressed that the members of the Guards Division took part in the decisive battles of the Homeland War.
The Commander of the Honorary Battalion, Colonel Elvis Burčul in his address said the Croatian Guards Division rested on true patriotism, honour and valour of its members from all over the country who fought for the survival and sovereignty of the homeland
- Most read
- Structure of the Ministry of Defence
- Addresses and Contacts
- Addresses and Contacts
- Commemoration of 10-year participation of the Republic of Croatia in international peace support mission
- Minister of Defence Ante Kotromanović
- Participation of members of Ministry of Interior in peacekeeping missions
- Participation of CAF members in the UN peacekeeping missions from 1999 to 2009
- Participation of members of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in peacekeeping missions
- MoD and Brodosplit sign In-shore Patrol Vessel Construction Contract
- 7th Air Advisory Team returns from ISAF
- 25.4.2017 Presentation of the draft National Strategy Security
- 25.4.2017 Kiowa helicopters perform trial flights
- 21.4.2017 "ASDA 2017" presentation conference
- 21.4.2017 U.S. Ambassador delivers lecture in Croatian Defence Academy
- 7.4.2017 Minister Krstičević meets with Defence Minister of Montenegro
- 6.4.2017 "Wings of Storm" visit Frecce Tricolori Base
Copyright © 2008-2017 Ministarstvo obrane Republike Hrvatske. Sva prava pridržana. Sadržaji s ovih stranica mogu se prenositi bez posebne dozvole uz navođenje izvora.