"Wings of Storm" visit Frecce Tricolori Base
The Croatian Air Force and Air Defence Aerobatic Group "Wings of Storm" on 4 April 2017 returned visit to the Italian Air Force group "Frecce Tricolori" in the Rivolto Air Base near Udine.
"Wings of Storm" were welcomed by the Commander of the "Frecce Tricolori", Major Mirco Caffelli and the Team Leader, Major Gaetano Farina. The two groups discussed the further co-operation and accepted the idea of continuing the mutual visits and joint practices into the coming years as well.
On the occasion of the return visit the "Wings of Storm" and "Frecce Tricolori" performed joint flights.
The Italian pilots joined the Croatian colleagues aboard the Pilatus PC-9M aircraft during their practice flights, and the Croatian pilots flew aboard the MB 339 during the "Frecce Tricolori" flights, as they also did during their recent visit to Zadar.
"Flying to Rivolto aboard the Pilatus takes ca 45 minutes. We had a warm and friendly welcome. Both groups are in the final phase of the preparations for the upcoming performance season and we are glad that the audience in Zadar had the opportunity to see some parts of the Frecce Tricolori's practice. Our visit to their base at Rivolto on the other hand was able to see our aircraft and experience aboard them the manoeuvres and flying elements which we perform and for which we are recognised abroad“, said 1 Lt. Darko Belančić.
"The activity has been very useful for both aerobatic groups as it has enabled us to practice outside our home airport and to prepare for the new season by practicing planning and conduct international overflights. The joint flights and the insight into the pre-flight procedures and flight review enables further practice of the procedures and performance techniques. Although the two groups fly different aircraft, we share a very similar approach to all segments of aerobatic group performance. It has been a privilege to familarise with the Frecce Tricolori's 57-year long aerobatic experience", said the "Wings of Storm" Team Leader, Lt. Col. Damir Barišić.
- Most read
- Structure of the Ministry of Defence
- Addresses and Contacts
- Addresses and Contacts
- Commemoration of 10-year participation of the Republic of Croatia in international peace support mission
- Minister of Defence Ante Kotromanović
- Participation of members of Ministry of Interior in peacekeeping missions
- Participation of CAF members in the UN peacekeeping missions from 1999 to 2009
- Participation of members of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in peacekeeping missions
- MoD and Brodosplit sign In-shore Patrol Vessel Construction Contract
- 7th Air Advisory Team returns from ISAF
- 25.4.2017 Presentation of the draft National Strategy Security
- 25.4.2017 Kiowa helicopters perform trial flights
- 21.4.2017 "ASDA 2017" presentation conference
- 21.4.2017 U.S. Ambassador delivers lecture in Croatian Defence Academy
- 7.4.2017 Minister Krstičević meets with Defence Minister of Montenegro
- 6.4.2017 "Wings of Storm" visit Frecce Tricolori Base
Copyright © 2008-2017 Ministarstvo obrane Republike Hrvatske. Sva prava pridržana. Sadržaji s ovih stranica mogu se prenositi bez posebne dozvole uz navođenje izvora.